Date - August 4th
Time - 9 am
Location - GF Morristown 42 Bank St.
AMRAP 31 minutes (As Many Reps As Possible)
8 Thrusters (155/105#)
6 Rope Climbs (15 ft. ascent)
11 Box Jumps (30"/24")
This is a Partner WOD – Partner #1 will perform the work listed above. Partner #2 will run 400m with a sandbag (45/25). Once Partner #2 returns from the run, Partner #1 will grab the sandbag and begin their 400m, while Partner #2 continues work wherever #1 left off.
Score is your total # of reps
This WOD was created specifically to honor the 30 men and one dog that gave their lives for our country on August 6, 2011. It is 31 minutes long—one minute in remembrance of each hero. The rep scheme is 8-6-11—the date of their ultimate sacrifice. Finally, this is a partner WOD. The men who gave their lives were from multiple branches of our military, working together as a team. In the workout you and your team member will constantly be taking the load from each other providing much needed support and relief. We realize that no physical sacrifice made during a workout can come close to the sacrifice our brave heroes made, but we consider this WOD a CrossFitters ‘moment of silence’. This is how we can honor those that gave all in the name of freedom.
- Register for the workout here – $31 gets you the workout & a t-shirt.
- Please email [email protected] AFTER you have registered.
- Email your team to [email protected] First and last name of both teammates.
Friday July 29th is the last day to email Tommy that you are registered.
- August 1st heat assignments will be announced.
- Wear your T-Shirt!
- Show up on August 4th and honor our heroes. The workout begins at 9am at the GF Morristown location (42 Bank st)
- Not interested in a workout? You can still donate by clicking here, however if you’d like to receive a t-shirt you must register for the event.
- 100% of proceeds will go to families immediately affected through the Navy SEAL Foundation, other like-organizations, & individual family funds.
The After Party
- Begins at noon.
- We encourage participants and their families to stay and enjoy some refreshments as we celebrate those who we remember on this day and our athletes who have supported this cause.
- We will also be sending off some incredible people within our community: Phil and Lisa will be moving on to great things up north. And Coach Pete as he pursues his career in Dentistry.